04 September 2007

I keep hoping for a change

I keep hoping for some sign of change in the Bush administration, but I keep getting disappointed. I say to myself, "Things can't get any worse. They can't possibly do any more damage to the rule of law and to our Constitution." And then something else happens. I remember how hundreds, if not thousands, of black Floridians were unjustly denied the vote in 2000. But as a Christian, I know people can change. People can repent.

I shouldn't be surprised at the revelation that Dick Cheney's top legal aide, David Addington said, "We're one bomb away" from our goal. He was talking about one more terrorist attack on US soil, and then they can abolish the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) Court. You can read about it at http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2007/09/04/addington/

Of course, it isn't like the Congress and the media have really challenged the Bush administration's consolidation of power to begin with.

But I continue to hope, and pray, for a change.

No comments: