05 October 2008

NFL joy

This is, admittedly, a blog post of a less serious nature. Still, I can't remember a day when it's been true that I could state these facts about my favorite NFL teams.

First, that the Miami Dolphins have defeated in two consecutive games the teams that reached the AFC title game last year (New England and today, San Diego). By winning their second game, they've already doubled their win total from one season ago. Second, my number 3 team, the Tennessee Titans, are the final undefeated team in the AFC.

And finally, by beating the Bengals, my beloved Dallas Cowboys managed to keep pace with the New York Giants and the hated Washington Redskins in the NFC East. (What Cowboys fan wouldn't feel that way about the Redskins? By the way, if there's a team with a racist name, the "Redskins" are almost by definition the picture of it!)

No comments: